Ruins of the Church of San Pedro · Hita
POI
The Mudejar-style Church of San Pedro was destroyed during the Civil War. In the 16th century, the town’s nobility placed their tombs inside the church, and their tombstones eventually covered much of the floor. Some still remain in the ruins, although most were moved to the Church of San Juan. In 1792, a small Neoclassical chapel was added behind the high altar, known as the Virgin’s Chapel. Its sandstone ashlar façade and the original grille on the window are still preserved.

