LPBMELos Pueblos Más Bonitos de España - Inicio
ContactEnterManagement
Qué ver

Points of interest in Bagergue

3 puntos de interés para descubrir

Mapa de lugares

Cargando mapa...

Descripción de cada lugar

St. Felix Church, 12th century
01
POI

St. Felix Church, 12th century

The village church is dedicated to Sant Fèlix, dating from the twelfth century, with reforms of the eighteenth century; specifically from the year 1724 modifications were made in the apse, as two chapels were added, a sacristy and the bell tower. At present the church consists of a central nave, with a square presbytery that replaces the old semicircular apse. Two chapels were added on each side, giving the entire building the shape of a cross. Finally the bell tower was also added, according to an engraved date, the year 1763. It has a square base although the body takes an octagonal shape, the roof is pyramidal, below which eight windows open. There are only two original windows, now walled up. One is on the west side, is elongated in shape and cannot be seen in its entirety since, when the bell tower was built, it was half walled up. The other, located on the north side, where there is currently a small niche adorned, in its upper part, by a semicircular arch lowered to the stone. On the north wall there is a square cornice on corbels, below which are arcades supported by sculpted stones, some in the shape of felines and others plain. All the original building is built with irregular but well cut blocks, among them are some that have a grid, others are well worked, the cut blocks can be seen in the more modern building as they were reused from the old apse. The door of the church, oriented to the west, you can see three turns that lower the wall of the wall to give place to the door. The first of the arches stands out thanks to a cornice, arranged as a dust cap, adorned with a string on the outside and a double grid on the inside. This cornice, as a detail, begins above the main arches. Like many Aranese churches, in its interior we find the Bagergue Cross, hanging from the ceiling, which is worn by the mayor of the village during the festivities of Salardú for the celebration of the Holy Cross on May 3.

Urban Center
02
POI

Urban Center

houses with wooden balconies and slate roofs, among which stands out Casa Menginat (XIX century). The door is presided by a shield where we see a crown, two rampant lions, the sun and the moon. On the floor there is a sundial, one of the few remaining in the Val d'Aran.

Eth Corrau Museum
03
POI

Eth Corrau Museum

Old rustic and genuine farmyard opened to the public in 1999 by the Moga family and where you can see more than 2500 belongings and objects that define the culture, traditions and ancestral craftsmanship of Aran.